About this Course
DO NOT MISS IMPORTANT SYSTEM REQUIREMENT INFORMATION BELOW
Based on Gwen's years of experience as an instructor, maker, and inventor, Layered and Riveted is a full day exploration of cold connections using Gwen's patented Riveting Essentials method. The day will be broken up into live video demonstrations, Q&A sessions, and work periods for you to begin applying what you’ve learned. Throughout the day, Gwen will be on hand live to answer questions and help you troubleshoot. If you are just beginning to explore the world of metalsmithing and cold connections, this is perfect opportunity to get your feet wet!
Makery University is hosted on an innovative platform that allows instructors and students to work together in a private virtual classroom. This class will be broken into lessons and activities, each with its own forum area where you can ask questions, upload photos of your progress, and get to know other students. The forums will be open and monitored for a full 30 days after the live class so you’ll have a continuing resource available to you as you practice your new skills. And at the end of 30 days, you’ll be added to a private Facebook group with other Makery University students where you can continue to ask questions, post your work, and take advantage of private Makery University events.
WHAT THIS COURSE COVERS
- A thorough understanding of the mechanics of riveting. There are multiple methods of connecting components without the use of a torch, and riveting is one of the most versatile. We'll cover various considerations, including final appearance and function.
- An introduction to basic metalsmithing and wire working skills. We'll cut, texture, form, and patina metal sheet and wire to create beautiful jewelry.
- Detailed tool and material lists. As soon as you register for the course, you’ll have access to detailed tool and materials lists, which include sources and information about which tools are optional and which are essential “must-haves.”
- On-going support. Gwen will be on hand throughout the day of class to answer questions, but she’ll also be monitoring the forums for 30 days and the private Makery University Facebook group on an ongoing basis, so you’ll always have a resource as you work with your new skills.
- Live webinars. Throughout the 30 days following your live course date, Gwen will schedule periodic live webinars to host Q&A sessions or offer bonus materials that may be relevant to questions or problems the group may be experiencing.
SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE DAY OF LIVE BROADCAST
You will need the following:
- Computer, laptop or mobile device
- Firefox or Chrome browser installed
- Internet connection suitable for video streaming (20 mbps is usually sufficient)
- Tools and materials as outlined in workshop materials to work along with your instructor
SPECIAL NOTE FOR APPLE USERS: The LIVE workshop broadcast is not currently supported on mobile Apple devices (IPhone, IPad). Apple users will need a desktop or laptop with the Chrome browser installed in order to view the LIVE broadcast on the day of the workshop. Viewing the recorded videos after the workshop is no problem on Apple mobile devices.
REGISTRATION IS OPEN NOW!
Live streaming workshop date
Friday, March 16, 2018
10 am - 5 pm (central)
WORKSHOP FEE: $99
(Please note that because of the digital nature of this workshop, registrations are not refundable.)